Callas’s Eco Portrait Mask: Tidal Moon will be exhibited as part of the UnMasked: Contemporary Portraiture exhibit at The Long Beach Island Foundation of the Arts & Sciences at Loveladies, NJ from Saturday, July 16, 2022
Sunday, August 14, 2022.
This exhibition invites artists draw from underneath the surface in order to reveal a deeper vision of portraiture. Self or otherwise, the artist will intend to use presence of another person or object as an extension of traditional portraiture.
Juror: Jessica T. Smith, The Philadelphia Museum of Art
Dr. Jessica Todd Smith is the Susan Gray Detweiler Curator of American Art and Manager of the Center for American Art at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Recent projects include the exhibitions Painting Identity; Elegy: Lament in the 20th Century; and Modern Times: American Art 1910-1950, which was accompanied by the book American Modernism: Highlights from the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Prior to her arrival at the PMA in 2016, she was the Virginia Steele Scott Chief Curator of American Art at The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens in San Marino, California. At The Huntington, Smith worked on three major expansions of the American galleries, in addition to exhibitions, publications, and collection development. She earned a B.A. summa cum laude from Harvard University and a Ph.D. from Yale University.
- Discovering the Ecological Self Workshop: Eco Mandalas
- The Night Sea Journey – An Artist Talk by Associate Professor Kimberly Callas
- Source to be exhibited as part of Mother Nature vs Human Nature: The Inequity of Climate Resilience, The 2023 NJ Arts Annual
- Honey Eyed Featured in ‘Change in Weather’ the Valdosta National
- CNCed ‘Sacred Boards’ included in SEQUENCE at Touchstone Gallery