The Valdosta National 2023 Change of Weather presents the best in national art in an all-media competition. Hosted by the Valdosta State University (VSU) Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery in Valdosta, Georgia, the 35th annual exhibition will explore climate change and its impact on humans, ecology, the environment, and our future.
Exhibition Dates: January 17th – Feb 7th
About the Jurors:
Dr. Jason Allard, PhD – Valdosta State University, Professor of Geography, Climatology. Dr. Allard teaches Weather & Climate, Global Climate Change, and Hazardous Environment.
“My research interests include climate change and variability, quantifying climate change, human impacts on the climate, socio-economic impacts of climate change, and land surface-atmosphere interactions.”
Polly Huff -Abraham Baldwin Agriculture College, Tifton GA. Curator and Finance and Operations, Georgia Museum of Agriculture. “As a curator of a museum about agriculture, I am firsthand witness to the changes and impact climate and the environment has changed the landscape of our region. Through the arts, we can document and educate in unparalleled ways the importance of this global situation”
- Discovering the Ecological Self Workshop: Eco Mandalas
- The Night Sea Journey – An Artist Talk by Associate Professor Kimberly Callas
- Source to be exhibited as part of Mother Nature vs Human Nature: The Inequity of Climate Resilience, The 2023 NJ Arts Annual
- Honey Eyed Featured in ‘Change in Weather’ the Valdosta National
- CNCed ‘Sacred Boards’ included in SEQUENCE at Touchstone Gallery