Art can be created with order or disorder; a plan or in chaos. Technology-based art can embrace or ignore process in new and intriguing methods. SEQUENCE at Touchstone Gallery was an international open call which invited artists to submit works created with, or influenced by, technology. The resulting exhibition includes a gallery show, a virtual show, and a series of performances featuring 44 artists from 14 states (plus the District of Columbia), Scotland, and Japan.
SEQUENCE was juried by Maleke Glee, Director of Art + Programming STABLE; Lauren Leving, Curator at Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland; and Roddy Schrock, Executive Director, Eyebeam.
Featured Artists: Atinuke Adeleke, Erin Austin, Annemarie Baldauf, Jenny E. Balisle, Alexandra Basford, Sophy Bevan, Robin Bell, Kimberly Callas, Ceci Cole McInturff, Chris Combs, Gary Duehr, Mat Duncan, Pam Eichner, Lucia Enriquez, Erin McGee Ferrell, Jayne Gaskins, Julia Gutman, A.D. Herzel, Homosocial, Felicia Jordan, Toby Kaufmann-Buhler, Wobbe F. Koning, May-Mei Lee, Gregory Little, K J May, Jeffrey Mumford, Jeremy Newman, Mary . Noosh, Izzy Osborn, Julia Paul, Adam Porter, Andrew Reach, Michelle Robinson, Dave Ryan, Steve Ryan, Lucia Sheppard, Ann Stoddard, Bill Tavis, Erin Harper Vernon, Gaylia Wagner, Andrew Wharton, Seitaro Yamazaki, and Drew Zimmerman.
To view Exhibit: https://www.touchstonegallery.com/exhibits-all/sequence
- Discovering the Ecological Self Workshop: Eco Mandalas
- The Night Sea Journey – An Artist Talk by Associate Professor Kimberly Callas
- Source to be exhibited as part of Mother Nature vs Human Nature: The Inequity of Climate Resilience, The 2023 NJ Arts Annual
- Honey Eyed Featured in ‘Change in Weather’ the Valdosta National
- CNCed ‘Sacred Boards’ included in SEQUENCE at Touchstone Gallery